Alyssa's interest in childbirth began when she was in nursing school and then grew once she and her husband began having children of their own. They now live in Huntington and have three young children, each a result of an empowering and positive birth experience. Alyssa believes every birthing person needs to feel empowered to speak her feelings and opinions and to know that she is an active participant within her birth team. Alyssa seeks to inform, empower, comfort, support, and advocate for each birthing person.
Alyssa received her birth doula training through DONA International and she still frequently researches best practices regarding labor, birth, and postpartum care. She provides services in home, birth center, and hospital settings. In addition to working as a doula, she has worked nearly 10 years as a registered nurse. This combination of doula support combined with a medical background gives Alyssa a unique skill set and understanding to help the laboring woman and her partner, and also helps earn trust from the rest of the birth team.
- Free initial meet-and-greet interview to determine if Alyssa is the right doula for you!
- 2 prenatal visits
- 24/7 text, phone, email on-call support
- Assistance in determining your individualized birth and postpartum plans
- Access to numerous local and educational resources
- Continuous labor and birth support for you and your family (comfort measures, exercises, positioning, etc.)
- Simple birth photography, as desired
- Birth notations and timeline as a keepsake from your special day
- 1-2 hours immediate postpartum support
- Breastfeeding support and referral to lactation consultant, as needed
- 1 postpartum visit to see how you and baby are doing, to review your birth, and to receive feedback
Birth Doula Package- $500
Contact Alyssa today to schedule your free, no-obligation meet-and-greet!