Jamie’s mother was a midwife and she grew up knowing that birth was a normal, remarkable journey. She learned that women were strong and very capable. Jamie even attended both of her sisters’ births when she was 8 and 10 years old and joined her mother for Saturday morning rounds. After attending college as a vocal performance major and many years working in various forms of childcare, Jamie
finally found her true calling as a doula. Jamie is married with one daughter with whom she is already sharing the knowledge of birth and the strength of women.
Jamie trained with DONA in 2013 and realized, while it was a great basis and well known organization, it did not completely align with her beliefs. She dove headlong into doula work, adding postpartum care and infertility support and Reiki training, while searching for an organization that fit her better. In 2017, REAL Doula was created . It is more holistic and inclusive and Jamie felt a strong connection.
She completed her certification that summer. Jamie lives in Goshen and has served clients from Fort Wayne to Rolling Prairie at homes, hospitals, and birth centers, medicated, non medicated, and cesarean. Jamie supports all births, all families.
Birth services provided:
- free initial consultation
- 2-3 prenatal visits to get to know each other, learn birth preferences, talk through fears and unknowns
- 24/7 phone, text, and email access for questions and concerns
- on call starting at 38 weeks
- continuous physical, mental, and informational support from active labor through 2-3 hours after birth
- initial breastfeeding help
- phone/text check-ins after birth
- postpartum visit 10 days after birth
Other services provided:
- postpartum doula
- infertility support
- sibling support
- post-adoption support
- surgery support
- Usui Reiki level 1 practioner
- Mother Blessing facilitator
- Michiana Positive Birth Movement facilitator